The UK and Australian versions were censored and miss the two cannibalistic cutscenes of children eating their mother. The in-game sequence and dialogues were left in the game.
It is also said to have the following changes, but those could not be confirmed after an examination of both versions by the German website schnittberichte.com which is dedicated to listing version differences:
- a disclaimer was added before the game starts.
- the main character's name was changed to Mike instead of Steve.
- several gory scenes were shortened.
- a removed scene in which the protagonist finds a murdered family.
- most of the offensive dialogue about gays, Italians, and Indians was removed.
- all verbal references to S&M were cut, but the S&M scenes themselves were not.