DescriptionHeroes of Might and Magic II is a fantasy role-playing game which takes place in the land of Enroth, a place of magic. There are a multitude of creature types, from griffins to rocs, golems to pikemen, unicorns to hydras, and four different dragons. Each castle type has six different creatures, from the weak to the strong. There are six castle types, each corresponding to a hero class: Knight, Sorceress, Wizard (Good side), Barbarian, Necromancer and Warlock (Evil side). There are also six different types of neutral creatures you can recruit in special structures scattered about the maps.
Compared to the first game, this sequel has larger and more interactive combat screens. The spell system is now based on spell points instead of spell memorization.
The maps themselves range from small two player maps, to huge maps that all six player types could fit in easily. There is a map maker included, and you can multiplay via hotseat, modem, or IP.
- "魔法門英雄無敵2：王位爭奪戰" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "HOMM 2" -- Informal short title
- "Heroes of Might and Magic II: Die Erbfolgekriege" -- German title
- "Heroes 2" -- Informal title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the DOS release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Feb, 1997||100|
|Gamezilla||Nov 27, 2001||94 out of 100||94|
|Legendra||Jul 26, 2003||90|
|All Game Guide||1998||90|
|Coming Soon Magazine||Feb, 1997||90 out of 100||90|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Sep 21, 2010||18 out of 20||90|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Mar, 1997||89 out of 100||89|
|GameSpot||Nov 26, 1996||8.2 out of 10||82|
|PC Joker||Dec, 1996||74 out of 100||74|
|Génération 4||Jan, 1997||50|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|MIDI music plays too fast||2||PolB (55)
Apr 12, 2008
- Computer Gaming World
- December 1999 (Issue #185) - Introduced into the Hall of Fame
- PC Gamer
- April 2000 - #19 in the "Readers All-Time Top 50 Games Poll"
Related Web Sites
- Age of Heroes - Heroes II Section (Detailed information about the game, strategy advice and map downloads.)
- Heroes 1, 2 and 3 Discussion Forum at Heroes Community (A place where many fans gather to discuss the game.)
- Interview with Jon Van Caneghem, HOMM 2 Designer (on Gamezilla.com (1996))
- Torre de Marfil (Spanish fansite of the saga)
- Wikipedia Entry (Information on Homm 2 in the free online encyclopedia: Wikipedia)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.