DescriptionTerrorists have overrun an embassy and hold the people inside as hostages. You control six counter-terrorists whose mission is to eliminate the terrorists. In the first part of the game, you have to bring three men into position so they can snipe the building. The second part involves entering the building with the other three men to kill the terrorists and rescue the hostages. Depending on how well you positioned your snipers, you can use them to assist you on that mission.
- "בני-ערובה" -- Hebrew spelling
- "Rescue: The Embassy Mission" -- NES title
- "Operation Jupiter" -- French title
- "Hostages: The Embassy Mission" -- Japanese title
- "Hostages" -- European/Israeli title
- "ホステージ" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Group
|Pretty good game, brilliantly advanced idea and design||WizardX (117)||unrated|
|Great game, although some annoying features||Maury Markowitz (248)||unrated|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Mar, 1989||8.6 out of 12||72|
|The Games Machine (UK)||Apr, 1989||71 out of 100||71|
|Power Play||1989||60 out of 100||60|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Aug, 1989||Unscored||Unscored|
There are currently no topics for this game.
CoverNearly all versions of this game have cover art and also other artwork showing a very specific unit shoulder patch on the shoulder of each counter-terrorist operative. The specific unit patch is very distinctive -- it corresponds exactly to the French National Police counter-terrorist unit, Group d'Intervention de la Gendarmerie Nationale.
Also, the operatives are shown using ropes to descend walls and smash through windows --- the same approach that was used when the SAS rescued those who were taken captive in the British Embassy near Princess Gate. And the helicopter being used in the game is the type called the "Little Bird," the same type that was used when the American hostage Kurt Muse was rescued from prison during the invasion of Panama.
ExtrasThe original French release of this game (maybe others) contained a set of three transparent stickers. The stickers were supposed to imitate bullet holes when applied on a window or glass.
LegacyAlcatraz from Infogrames is the spiritual sequel to this game.
Information also contributed by 99 49 and Blood
Related Web Sites
- AtariMania (Infogrames, DE, UK, Atari ST) (For Atari ST: game entry database; downloadable release; game packaging; advertisement; manuals; magazine reviews; additional material.)
- CPC-Power (in French) (For Amstrad CPC: game database entry; game packaging; manual digitalizations; goodies; advertisement; magazine reviews; downloadable releases; additional material.)
- CPCRrulez (in French) (For Amstrad CPC: game database entry; advertisement; game packaging; downloadable releases; additional material.)
- DOSBox, an x86 emulator with DOS (Compatibility information page about the original game and its DOSBox versions. )
- Hall of Light (For Amiga: game database entry; digitalised manuals; game packaging; screenshots; additional material.)
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)
- Lemon 64 (For Commodore 64: game entry database; advertisement; magazine reviews; music; documentation; cover art; additional material.)
- Macintosh Garden, an abandonware games archive (For Macintosh: reviews; game packaging; downloadable releases; manual; screenshots; additional material.)
- MSX Generation (For MSX: game database entry; game packaging; manuals; additional material.)
- The Tipshop (For ZX Spectrum: a central archive for all Spectrum and SAM games hints, tips, cheats, maps, hacks and pokes.)
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Encyclopaedic entry for the combined platforms of the game.)
- World of Spectrum (For ZX Spectrum: downloadable releases; additional material including – cassette inlay, advertisement, instructions; remakes links; player reviews; magazine references; magazine adverts.)
- ZX-Art - online archive of pixel art and 8-bit music (For ZX Spectrum: music, credits, pixel art. artist's graphics artwork.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.