Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (DOS)

4.2
Written by  :  Locut0s (598)
Written on  :  May 27, 2004

read more reviews by Locut0s

Summary

Another of LucasArts' classics, perhaps one of their most overlooked?

The Good

What can I say? This game is the epitome of the classic Adventure game genre. Great story, great graphics, great sound, great puzzles there is hardly a misstep in sight here. From New York to Iceland to Crete you'll find yourself swept along by the fast passed story and skillfully integrated puzzles. It seems LucasArts here has found the perfect balance, even by their standards, between the difficulty of the puzzles and the momentum of the storyline. This is quite an achievement as any adventure player can attest to having played many other otherwise good games marred by either impossibly difficult puzzles or childishly easy ones, on an uneven mix of the two.

Oh did I mention it has 3 endings?

The Bad

There isn't much to dislike about this game so I'll have to resort to nit picking :-).

Some may find the story line a bit melodramatic at times, but hay that's to be expected from a game based on Indy. Despite what I said about the puzzles being very nicely balanced with the story line they do fall on the hard side at times, an example being the three pivotal puzzles involving the stone discs. Sophia, Indy's companion, can get on your nerves at times.

The Bottom Line

Another must play LucasArts adventure.