Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade: The Graphic Adventure (DOS)

Written by  :  jossiejojo (41)
Written on  :  Feb 22, 2005

read more reviews by jossiejojo

Summary

Lucasarts at their best...nearly

The Good

The graphics and animation cannot be faulted. The interface works well, though slightly differently from most of the other Lucasarts adventures, and the plot develops nicely. I liked the Nazis too. They make very kitsch enemies, with their armbands and little moustaches!

The Bad

The gameplay was a bit unimaginative at times and prolonged unnecessarily by maze sequences which lacked atmosphere. Instead of being absorbed in the story, as happened with the best Lucasarts games I've played, my attention wandered at these times and I stopped caring what happened. This is usually a bad sign in any PC game, and especially an adventure game.

The Bottom Line

Everything else about the game is top notch, and I would recommend it. The sound is rudimentary though, and be warned: you cant hear the characters talking. In my view Last Crusade is better than Sam and Max, the Dig and MI4 - but not as good as the other early Indy adventure or the other MIs.