DescriptionPandora's first game combines the Gauntlet style with the World War 2 setting, and specifically the Eagle's Nest building which is being used by a commander as his HQ. Three Allied soldiers have been captured, and you must infiltrate the facilities, rescue your brave comrades, destroy the building, and salvage as much of the stolen art treasures as possible.
There are eight levels to explore, each with a specific mission objective. Some of the paintings are loose, others are in crates which must first be shot. Explosives must be collected, not shot. With limited ammunition, guards everywhere, keys at a premium, and lots of strategic hiding points, an all-guns-blazing approach is less successful than a planned, measured one.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Into the Eagles Nest" -- UK title
- ""Eagles Nest"" -- 'SMASH 16' re-release title
Part of the Following Groups
|I missed the hours I spent playing "Into The Eagle's Nest"...||Accatone (5368)|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Nov, 1991||50|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Jan, 1988||Unscored||Unscored|
There are currently no topics for this game.
BPjS / BPjM indexBanned in Germany (all systems) since 30.07.1988
- October 1988 (issue #13) - Included in the Top-100 list of 1987/1988 (editorial staff selection)
- Commodore Format
- March 1991 (Issue 6) - listed in the A to Z of Classic Games article (Great)
Related Web Sites
- Game Map (A screenshot map of the game)