DescriptionThe sequel to USNF, ATF was the first game made by Jane's Combat Simulations (part of EA). The game used the same engine as USNF, with updated aircraft shapes and terrain. Every aircraft from USNF was kept, with lots of new planes and some new weapons. One of the new features was a comprehensive Jane's research suite on all the game's aircraft, weapons, vehicles, ships, etc.
There are 2 full campaigns, lots of single missions, an in-game mission creator, and a quick mission creator. Replay value was further increased by Duosoft's toolkit, which allowed players to greatly modify the game with custom add-on libraries. The game focus is on futuristic aircraft and campaigns, with many of the flyable aircraft still in development at the time of the game's development. The addon, NATO Fighters, added new aircraft and a new campaign.
- "ATF" -- Common name
Part of the Following Groups
- Aircraft: B-2 Spirit
- Aircraft: Dassault Rafale
- Aircraft: F-117 Nighthawk
- Aircraft: F-14 Tomcat
- Aircraft: F-22 Raptor
- Aircraft: F/A-18 Hornet
- Aircraft: Grumman X-29
- Aircraft: Harrier Jump Jet
- Jane's Combat Simulations
- Jane's Combat Simulations ATF series
- Jane's Combat Simulations Fighters series
|A good sim with bad graphics.||Jeremy Johnson (638)|
The Press Says
|Privat Computer PC||1996||89 out of 100||89|
|PC Games (Germany)||May, 1996||84 out of 100||84|
|Power Play||May, 1996||80 out of 100||80|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Jun, 1996||80|
|PC Player (Germany)||May, 1996||80|
|GameSpot||May 23, 1996||7.7 out of 10||77|
|High Score||Jun, 1996||3 out of 5||60|
|World Village (Gamer's Zone)||1996||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaFlyable aircraft were: F-117 Nighthawk (Stealth Fighter), F-22 Rapter, XF-29 FSW, XF-31 EFM, ASTOVL (JSF), B-2 Spirit (probably the first and only game with a flyable B-2), and Rafale C. NATO Fighters added for campaigns the EF-2000 Eurofighter, Saab Gripen, Su-35 Flanker, and F-16C Fighting Falcon, and made every aircraft in the game flyable in missions. The campaigns were Egypt 1998 and Vladivostok Russia 2002, with another map of France. NATO Fighters added a Baltic region 2009 campaign.
Related Web Sites
- 714th Virtual Flight Test Squadron (The 714th and Gregory P innovated with custom library addons and flight model edition for the USNF-FA series, and have air combat boards for alot of simulations.)
- P.Mok's Page (P.Mok's site is a great resource for players of the USNF-FA series of games.)
- The Vark Den (Vark111 innovated with quality custom library addons for the USNF-FA series.)
- Welcome to DuoSoft (Duosoft's toolkits for the USNF-FA series allowed players to greatly customize these games, and spawned a huge online community and great replay value. )