DescriptionAquatania has recently become the land of misfortunes, due to a group of plotting witches. The task of finding five charms and a magic bracelet to put things right falls on you.
And you need a change of luck, because events in this game often emphasise the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. You get hit by a car, fall a great height, sprayed with cheese sandwich and more! Being the guinea pig in this strange world will drive you insane - if this jinxed land doesn't do it first.
Jinxter is an interactive fiction with graphics title that takes a realistic world of people and situations, and then plays with the boundaries to create a strange and puzzling world. Characters are all getting on with their own tasks, and getting them to help you is usually a case of making sure something's in it for them.
Dialogue aims to add a comic touch to proceedings. Puzzles can often be solved in multiple ways, but the most obvious way is not always the correct one. Due to the presence of a Guardian, you can't actually die.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Green Magic" -- working title
There are no reviews for this game.
|ACE (Advanced Computer Entertainment)||Oct, 1988||905 out of 1000||90|
There are currently no topics for this game.
ExtrasThe game came with a lot of goodies: a beer coaster, a 'Independent Guardian' newspaper (and another translated one in the German version) and an envelope with information.
- Computer Gaming World
- November 1996 (15th anniversary issue) – #14 Least Rewarding Ending of All Time
Related Web Sites
- Jinxter Fan Page (has scans of all document pages, an html map, screenshots, solution and walkthroughs)
- Jinxter Walkthrough (by Ton Kroon)
- The Magnetic Scrolls Memorial (Fan page with lots of information about all versions, goodies, trivia and tests.)