Moby Poll: What kind of game collector are you?

King's Quest (DOS)

3.4
Written by  :  OlSkool_Gamer (99)
Written on  :  Jan 04, 2004

read more reviews by OlSkool_Gamer

Summary

Original classic adventure game that started the best adventure series of all time!

The Good

This game was very entertaining to me because at the time, I never had played anything quite like it. The way you could just wander around and explore the country-side gave you a very "free as a bird" kind of feeling when playing. There really was no strict linear path you must follow (except the king's items you must retrieve) but as far as wandering, you can basically go anywhere. I loved this game, even though it was rather short and simple.... it is a classic and the predecessor for many many games to follow.

The Bad

There wasn't really anything about this game I didn't like. It was the first of its kind and one thing this game didn't offer and didn't offer until about KQ3 was characters. There wasn't any personality to any of the characters in the game but it didn't harm the game at all. This game was written perfectly in my opinion.

The Bottom Line

A timeless classic that should be played to the finish by anyone who is a classic PC game fan. This is the game that really started it all (of all the Sierra Quest series). A great title from Roberta Williams!!