🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Lands of Lore: Guardians of Destiny > Why is this game so hated?

St. Martyne (3648) on 8/6/2007 4:01 PM · Permalink · Report

I've read a couple of forums and everywhere people seem to hate this one. Saying how bad it is and how low it fell from the masterpiece that Throne Of Chaos was. What's wrong with those people?

The game is awesome! Not only it have the quality of FMV that rivals those of Final Fantasies, but the technology itself is breathtaking. I haven't ever seen such seamless and convincing combination of real actors and pre-rendered 3D sprites in fully navigational 3D environment (2.5D to be precise).

And the most importantly is that it's very engaging. There's absolutely no filler material, every room serves some purpose, in every place there's something to see and find. Very nice and certainly better than Throne Of Chaos. Those constant mazes of woods give me a headache just thinking about them.

One of the best gaming experiences I had this summer so far. And if the game will keep up with the quality plank it sets right from the start, then a definite candidate for my All-Time-Favorite list.

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 8/6/2007 5:53 PM · Permalink · Report

I really must try this one again, I played it a little bit and I was also very impressed, but it was long time ago. Alas, I don't have the game any more.

Indra was here (20755) on 8/7/2007 5:52 AM · Permalink · Report

Oleg, let me know when you find it and where you found it cough. Haven't played Land's of Lore 2 & 3 either. Currently playing the first...these mazes are getting irritating.

St. Martyne (3648) on 8/13/2007 4:12 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Well, I take back some of the good things I said about. The filler material increase dramatically as the game progresses. But the acting gets better and better and I feel there are more surprises awaiting me concerning this unusual technology the game uses.

Anyway, still way better than Throne Of Chaos.