Less than 60 games needed to complete our goal of 1,500 documented Arcade titles!

The Legend of Kyrandia: Hand of Fate (DOS)

Written by  :  Tom Ryan (2)
Written on  :  Sep 04, 2006
read more reviews by Tom Ryan

Summary

Uniquely Wonderful

The Good

The humor and interesting visuals make this game incredibly charming. If you've got the CD (talkie) version, you'll never get tired of hearing Zanthia comment's on everything- make sure to use the alchemist's magnet to hear people's "True" thoughts!

The Bad

The puzzles ARE very simplistic. This game can be completed in less than 3 hours, really, if you take the time to listen to everything everyone has to say, twice, and try everything with everything.

The Bottom Line

I would not recommend paying any heed to the female reviewer's comments (OceanDaughter): my girlfriend is very fond of Zanthia, and wishes more present-day video game heroines were more like her. The costume changes are fun, and don't necessarily reflect "girly"-ness so much as Zanthia's unique sense of self- does she strike YOU as unintelligent or ditzy, based on the way she talks and what she says? I think not. That aside, my gf does tease me endlessly about my "attraction" to Zanthia = P Better her than Laura Croft, I say.

All in all- This game is a GREAT way to spend a rainy afternoon. Find the CD version for a few $'s on eBay-- it's much more worth it to play through that version that the floppy-disk one.