The Legend of Kyrandia (DOS)

Written by  :  Dwin1118 (22)
Written on  :  Dec 14, 2004
Rating  :  3.75 Stars3.75 Stars3.75 Stars3.75 Stars3.75 Stars

read more reviews by Dwin1118

Summary

A true classic that Westwood deserves

The Good

It was one of the first games I've ever got to see in VGA mode and also the first game I heard using an Adlib sound card. Visually, this was one of the most stunning work during that time it was released, the story was unique and everything seemed to jump out of the screen, cool characters and interesting villains. The environment was so much alive and so visually appealing to the eyes, even the gloomy parts of the environment seems perfect.

The music was beautiful that I wanted to get a music soundtrack for this game. I really consider this as one of Frank Klapecki's finer works even today. The tune is so memorable and something I look forward to hear everyday. I never get bored listening to his tunes.

The Bad

The game is rather too short if you try to finish it the second time around. The only thing making this game so long is the cave. You can finish it within a day if you can memorize everything that you have to do there, but normally, it's tiring.

The Bottom Line

This game has a great story, interesting characters, great visual style, great music. I don't regret playing this game and I even look forward for a remake if there will be one.