DescriptionLeisure Suit Larry 1: In the Land of the Lounge Lizards
is a remake of the first game
in the Leisure Suit Larry series. It introduces a new interface. Instead of typing commands, the player performs the desired actions by choosing appropriate icons, and then clicking on objects on the screen to interact with them. The graphics are now 256 color VGA. There is also much more music than in the original version, and it supports more advanced sound formats.
- "LSL VGA remake" -- Informal Name
Part of the Following Groups
There are currently no topics for this game.
Information also contributed by
- Leisure Suit Larry 1 was available in four different packages: a 16 color version (supporting EGA, MCGA, VGA, Tandy/PCjr) with either 3.5" DD or 5.25" HD disks, and a 256 color version (supporting MCGA, VGA) with either 3.5" HD or 5.25" HD disks.
- The Russian version of this VGA remake features some changes (although not as many as in the original game). For example, the messages in the bar toilet are different, there is a message concerning Roger Wilco and Vohaul from the Space Quest series, which didn't exist in the original American version.
- This remake of Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards was also politically updated to include references to the first Gulf War. In the original release, Larry had credits cards from Lybia; in the remake, they are from Iraq. Also, in the original game, after buying condoms in the shop, you tell the clerk: "Thanks a lot, big mouth!", while in the remake it becomes "Thanks a lot, Saddam!"
Related Web Sites
(471) added Leisure Suit Larry 1: In the Land of the Lounge Lizards
(DOS) on Nov 11, 1999