GOG Sale: 50% off Witcher 3! 80% off D&D classic games (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, etc)

Leisure Suit Larry 1: In the Land of the Lounge Lizards (DOS)

Written by  :  Aaron Jones (16)
Written on  :  Dec 18, 2003
read more reviews by Aaron Jones

The Good

The Leisure Suit Larry series is perhaps my favorite to date. While this one wasn't my favorite game IN the series (mostly because it was so short and less-than-eventful when compared with LSL 6 and 7) it was definitely a milestone in my young life. I played this game for the first time when I was about twelve or thirteen and have been a contemptible, corrupted person ever since ;c) In all honesty though, Al Lowe...I applaud your creation of this wonderful, wonderful game series which changed my life (and probably not for the better).

The Bad

As I said, it was a bit short and relatively dull in content, particularly when compared to classic Leisure Suit Larry's, like "LSL 6: Shape Up or Slip Out," or "LSL 7: Love for Sail!" All in all though, I loved the remake from the original (thank God for remakes) and would highly recommend every game in the series for someone wanting to laugh until their guts hurt.

The Bottom Line

This one has all the necessary ingredients to make any guy happy. A good soundtrack (with jazz music created by Al Lowe and his band), Some of the most hilarious material of any game I've ever played, beautifully rendered artwork (particularly in the women of the game) and enough humorous mishaps to make regular guys feel a little bit better about themselves. I found myself saying, "Oh wow...I'm glad that wasn't me!" more often than not. A+, I highly recommend this game series (though it's hard to find them in stores nowadays). Just...don't ask me about Leisure Suit Larry's Casino because I don't even consider that worthy of having Leisure Suit Larry in its title.