The follow up to Links - The Challenge of Golf
, Links 386 Pro
features Harbour Town Golf Links
course. Numerous improvements included photo-realistic SVGA graphics, improved physics, split screens, male/female golfers with different shirt colors, and enhanced sound effects. The
A CD version
was released later, it added hole flybys with commentary (for certain courses).
- "Links Pro Macintosh" -- Macintosh title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
There are currently no topics for this game.
The game was compatible with certain golf simulators (motion tracking controllers, such as PC Golf or Pro Swing) after installing software bundled with them.
Links 386 Pro
could run in both 640x400 and 640x480 SVGA modes, depending on the hardware's capabilities. In 640x480, a tile pattern was used at the top and bottom of the screen to fill in the extra 80 pixels. SVGA drivers for Vesa SVGA and a plethora of vendor specific SVGA implementations were included, though Vesa cards tended to be the easiest to get working.
Information also contributed by
- Computer Gaming World
- October 1993 (Issue #111) – Overall Game of the Year
- March 1995 (Issue #128) – Introduced into the Hall of Fame
- November 1996 (15th anniversary issue) - 26 in the “150 Best Games of All Time” list
- Power Play
- Issue 02/1993 – Best Sports/Racing Game in 1992