Around Desert Storm, MicroProse released a "bundle" called "Allied Forces
, which contains Gunship
and M1 Tank Platoon
, but with a patch to make the terrain yellow/brown like Kuwait instead of the "green" of Europe.
You don't just control your own platoon of 4 tanks. Sometimes additional forces will be assigned to you, anything from infantry (Bradley IFVs and M-113 APCs) and missile carriers (ITV-improved TOW vehicle) to A-10 or helicopter support. Sometimes you may even see some M-60 tanks assigned to you! Artillery is also available on call depending on what's available (HE, smoke, etc.).
Information also contributed by
Adam Baratz and
- Amiga Joker
- Issue 01/1991 – #5 Best Simulation Game in 1990
- Computer Gaming World
- November 1991 (Issue #88) – Introduced into the Hall of Fame
- September 1990 (Issue #74) - Simulation Game of the Year
- November 1996 (15th anniversary issue) - #32 in the “150 Best Games of All Time” list
- Golden Joystick Rewards 1990: Winner Best Simulation.
- Power Play
- Issue 01/1990 - #2 Best Simuation in 1989