DescriptionMad Dog McCree and his gang have kidnapped the Mayor and his daughter, and its up to you to rescue them. You must blast through bars and bank robberies to take the gang out and save everything you regard as good and true. Where the game differs from other Operation Wolf-influenced shoot-'em-ups is in the use of live video, with real people appearing on the screen before you shoot them down. You have unlimited continues with which to reach the end, so the actors will have their screen deaths seen by as many people as they would had they starred in a film.
The PlayStation 3 version has re-mastered full-motion footage (720p), a new scoring system with leaderboards, and cooperative gameplay for up to four players. The Move peripheral is supported as a controller.
- "Mad Dog" -- iPhone title
Part of the Following Groups
- BPjS / BPjM indexed games
- Mad Dog McCree series
- Setting: Western / Old West
- Visual technique / style: Live-action cutscenes
|Not bad if you can get it for a buck||Alan Chan (3655)||unrated|
|A really, really bad game.||Tomer Gabel (4416)|
The Press Says
|PC Games (Germany)||Dec, 1993||75 out of 100||75|
|PC Player (Germany)||Oct, 1993||57 out of 100||57|
|Power Play||Dec, 1993||47 out of 100||47|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaOn June 30, 1994, Mad Dog McCree was put on the infamous German index by the BPjS. For more information about what this means and to see a list of games sharing the same fate, take a look here: BPjS/BPjM indexed games.
Related Web Sites
- Crapshoot (A humorous video review on PC Gamer)
- The Dot Eaters: Videogame History 101 (An extensive history of videogames, including a massive article on American Laser Games and the 80's arcade laser game craze in general.)