Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle (DOS)

4.2
Written by  :  silent_driver (10)
Written on  :  Nov 16, 2005
Rating  :  4.83 Stars4.83 Stars4.83 Stars4.83 Stars4.83 Stars

read more reviews by silent_driver

Summary

Timeless masterpiece!

The Good

without a doubt - here´s an example that shows you the sum of all pros that games has got:

Every now and then I meet people who are playing computer games for quite a while. Often I meet people who are also talking about LucasArts golden-age of adventure gaming and - in an average time of 2 milliseconds - about Day of the Tentacle. And from that moment on it´s only about one thing: sharing quotations from that wonderful, crazy, strange, hilarious piece of entertainment.

Did I mention the ScummVM open-source project? Thank god for that bunch of programmers who did that work: ScummVM is a wonderful emulator for all kinds of adventure games so that they can be run (with all that wonderful midi sounds and voices) on today´s operating systems - so there is no excuse anymore for enjoying that game on today´s machines :)

The Bad

That there isnt any sequel planned...:(

The Bottom Line

Despite the fact that it is over 10 years old now this is one of those very, very rare games that still hold up till today - although it uses just standard VGA resolution at 320x200 pixels the game´s humour, dialogue, story, character-design and of course the game´s design in general are timeless

***keeps people laughing from the age of 8 to 99, thanks to ScummVM even nowadays***