DescriptionA party of brave heroes managed to defeat the corrupted guardian Sheltem as he attempted to destroy the world of CRON. However, the great battle between the guardians Corak and Sheltem continued in another place - the world of Terra, where Sheltem was originally appointed as a guardian. Revolting against the powerful race of the Ancients, Sheltem takes possession of their space-traveling nacelles, hurling them at the suns of other planets. It is now up to a group of local adventurers to help Corak and vanquish Sheltem once and for all.
Isles of Terra is the third installment in the Might and Magic series, and a sequel to Gates to Another World. Like its predecessors, it is a role-playing game focusing on first-person exploration of vast pseudo-3D environments, character building, and turn-based combat. The five selectable races remain the same as in the previous games, as well as the eight character classes with the addition of two new ones: Druid and Ranger. Like in the second game, characters may learn unique skills such as thievery, swimming, merchant, and others.
This installment does away with random or pre-set enemy encounters, featuring instead enemies dynamically roaming the game world, allowing to initiate combat from a distance (for example with ranged attacks or spells). There is no option to bribe or surrender to enemies, and escaping combat can be accomplished simply by moving away, unless the enemies have already locked on the party. An automap feature is available at all times, and the player is also allowed to save the game at any time.
There are no promo images for this game
- "魔法門 III" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "Might and Magic III: Die Inseln von Terra" -- German title
- "Les Îles de Terra" -- French title
- "マイトアンドマジック３" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Fantasy Creatures: Dwarves
- Fantasy Creatures: Elves
- Fantasy Creatures: Orcs
- Fantasy Creatures: Trolls
- Gameplay feature: Aging
- Gameplay feature: Auto-mapping
- Games with manual lookup copy protection
- Might and Magic series
- Might and Magic universe
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Nov, 1991||11 out of 12||92|
|Play Time||Nov, 1991||86 out of 100||86|
|Power Play||Dec, 1991||84 out of 100||84|
|Joker Verlag präsentiert: Sonderheft||1992||83 out of 100||83|
|PC Joker||Nov, 1991||83 out of 100||83|
|PC Games (Germany)||Feb, 1993||82 out of 100||82|
|PC-Spiele '93||1992||8 out of 10||80|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Jan, 1992||Unscored||Unscored|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Working sound settings for dosbox 0.74?||1||Plasma Snake (10)
May 31, 2017
|Brother Delta bug?||3||Christian Genzel (32)
Jul 25, 2008
Genesis versionA version for the Sega Genesis was in development, but was not released. A ROM image made from a prototype cartridge is available on the internet.
- In various dungeons in the game you are given Quatloo coins that you can spend in the Slithercult stronghold; quatloos are the coins used for placing bets on Star Trek crew members in the original Star Trek episode "The Gamesters of Triskelon".
- One of the monsters is a obese and ugly woman named Scorpia. This is a reference to Scorpia, long-time reviewer for the magazine Computer Gaming World, who wrote a critical review of Might and Magic II: Gates to Another World.
SNES versionThere are a number of changes in the SNES version:
- The whole intro is missing
- All blood during fights was removed and some other screens were changed, e.g. removed bloody weapons in shop screens or the naked statue of the nymph Athea got a bikini.
- Some enemies were changed to look more harmless and the Reaper was removed altogether.
- There are several text and name changes, e.g. the Cathedral of Carnage became the Cathedral of Darkness and all references to alcohol were removed.
- The outro was cut.
- GameStar (Germany)
- Issue 12/1999 - #81 in the "100 Most Important PC Games of the Nineties" ranking
Related Web Sites
- Might and Magic III Shrine @ RPGClassics.com (Includes maps, walkthrough, item lists, enemy lists, a save game editor, and all other sorts of useful info.)