Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge (DOS)

4.2
Written by  :  Quackbal (47)
Written on  :  Sep 03, 2006

read more reviews by Quackbal

Summary

A good sequel.

The Good

I like a lot about this game - Once again, the characters are back with their extraordinary wit and the scenery is excellent. This game gives you more flexibility as you can control which island Guybrush is on, and you can choose, to an extent, the order in which he completes his tasks.

The storyline is admirable - pure Monkey Island standard - and lets the players imagination take over. There are sad parts in this story, and a lot of funny ones - Just play it and see for yourself!

The Bad

The ending. I really hate the ending - With a passion in fact - It drives a huge amount of inconsistency into the series, which is really unnecessary as inconsistency is a thorn in the side of the Monkey Island games from here on in. I suppose it is a prompt to use your own imagination, but I still don't agree with it, and try to ignore the ending as much as possible.

The Bottom Line

Very good sequel, and a personal preference over the first game. Although the ending is weak, the 99% of the game leading up to that is great - and is an amazingly constructive way to spend those rainy days in, as you use your head... a lot.