NBA Jam Tournament Edition (DOS)

Written by  :  Roedie (5226)
Written on  :  Jul 19, 2001
read more reviews by Roedie

Summary

Very arcade

The Good

This game is a lot of fun, certainly if you play it with a friend. There are a lot of weird power-ups that, for instance, let you dunk from half-court, make your player shrink or make his head grow. The commentary suits this game well, this announcer guy shouts He's on Fire! or Slam Dunk! with an exciting voice. Also each player has his own voice-call (for over 150 players) which is quite unique when you consider the age of this game.

The Bad

Maybe it was just my computer but I could not get sound and midi music at the same time. Also this game gets easy rather fast, just take a big guy like Mutombo or Ewing and push over your opponent after you've scored and immediately you repossess the ball. And why did I always had to play against the Dallas Mavericks when I wanted to play just one game against the computer??

The Bottom Line

This is really an NBA title with a difference, it can't be compared with all those serious simulations that appear these days. It has not got that much depth but it certainly is a lot of fun when you play it with a friend (you can play with up to 4 people).