DescriptionNeed for Speed: Special Edition adds two new race tracks (Burnt Sienna and Transtropolis), changeable time of day settings, 8-player network/modem support, in-game music, and Windows 95 support to Need for Speed.
The game lets you drive 8 speed devils including Lamborghini Diablo VT, Ferrari 512TR, and Porsche 911 Carrera. The race tracks are highly detailed with the help of texture mapped vector graphics The soundtrack is digitally recorded, and of professional quality.
Need for Speed SE has indepth coverage of the cars and race tracks. Video clips of the cars are also included.
- "The Need For Speed SE" -- Alternative spelling
- "Road & Track presents: The Need For Speed: Special Edition." -- Full formal title
Part of the Following Groups
- Automobile: Chevrolet Corvette
- Automobile: Dodge Viper
- Automobile: Ferrari Testarossa
- Automobile: Honda NSX
- Automobile: Lamborghini Diablo
- Automobile: Mazda RX-7
- Automobile: Porsche 911
- Need for Speed series
|Good product, but a rip-off at its time||Daniel Saner (2473)|
The Press Says
|PC Games (Germany)||Aug, 1996||88 out of 100||88|
|PC Jeux||Nov, 1997||86 out of 100||86|
|Gamesmania||1996||85 out of 100||85|
|High Score||Oct, 1996||4 out of 5||80|
|PC Player (Germany)||Aug, 1996||80|
|Power Play||Aug, 1996||76 out of 100||76|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaNeed for Speed was voted #34 overall in PC Gamer Magazine's Readers All-Time Top 50 Games Poll (April 2000 issue).
Related Web Sites
- Need for Speed Website (The official website, only the newer versions of 'The Need for Speed')