DescriptionThe original Neverwinter Nights was the first Advanced Dungeons & Dragons (AD&D) Role Playing Game to go online (pay to play), and was hosted by America Online (AOL).
Situated in the city of Neverwinter and the more than 20 surrounding regions/areas, the game itself was similar to other official AD&D Forgotten Realms games of its time. As it was an online game it had several additional menus for online purposes, as well as features unknown to standard AD&D games of the time, such as the ability to teleport from one region/area to another.
Although most of the game play focused on role playing with other online players, it is still possible to play the game offline.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Groups
- Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Setting: Forgotten Realms
- Dungeons & Dragons (D&D / AD&D) licensees
- Gold Box series
There are no reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
Offline playAlthough you can play this game offline, the offline version does not give you the ability to save your game. It does, however, include a "DM" (Dungeon Master) menu that will allow you to modify various game settings such as inventory, gold, and location.
RemakesA fan-made recreation for BioWare's Neverwinter Nights was available between October 10, 2002 and July 31, 2012. In June 2012, a single-player conversion to SSI's construction kit Unlimited Adventures was released.
ShutdownThe game was discontinued on July 19, 1997.
Related Web Sites
- Neverwinter Nights Offline (A single-player conversion into SSI's construction set Unlimited Adventures.)
- Neverwinter Nights: Resurrection (Aims at recreating the original NWN gameworld using Bioware's version of NWN.)
- The Story of Ore / Sword Coast (Contains some screenshots and tales from online gameplay. )
- Unofficial Classic Neverwinter Nights Archive (Fansite for the Original Neverwinter Nights)