Pinball Fantasies (DOS)

Written by  :  Tomer Gabel (4394)
Written on  :  Dec 16, 1999

read more reviews by Tomer Gabel

Summary

Perfect conversion of a perfect game, this is the best pinball EVER.

The Good

Damn, I was just about to add this game... ah well, you win some you lose some :-)

Pinball Fantasies rules the Earth! Indeed a perfection conversion of an Amiga classic, this game is simply the best pinball simulator there is. As a sequel to the classic Amiga Pinball Dreams, this game simply adds greatness to greatness, bringing the level of gameplay to perfection.

The music in this game is simply the best you will ever hear, even better than the one in Pinball Dreams, a masterpiece by Olof Gustaffson. The graphics are simply amazing - especially considering the time it came out, perfectly convereted from the AGA version of the game on the Amiga. The physics model is the best I've ever seen, even from newer pinball games (such as Extreme Pinball) and the tables are AMAZING, each and every one of them, yesiree!

This is a perfect game, which could not have been done better. The conversion, which was done by the demo group The Space Pigs, is as perfect as they get, the best conversion of any game from the Amiga I've ever seen. It's perfect, runs 100% smooth on a 386 with a complex physics model and digital music - what more is there to ask?

The Bad

Nothing! Best pinball ever, and a great conversion!

The Bottom Line

A truly magnificent game, one of the few I would truly call perfect. There are no caveats in this one, and I've been in love with it ever since I first played it.