Police Quest 3: The Kindred (DOS)

Written by  :  CubbyKatz (207)
Written on  :  Dec 17, 2004

read more reviews by CubbyKatz

Summary

The story line is great, controls are a bit poor

The Good

The storyline to the game is really great, and exciting. Once it gets going, it never lets up. I really enjoyed those endings with Jim Walls talking to you, explaining what you did wrong (he also did an intro to the game). The graphics are considerably better than the first two games, and I enjoyed rediscovering Lytton again.

The Bad

The driving interface was kind of weird and hard to get used to, you really had to use a map, and stopping certain places could be confusing. Also exact procedures (such a booking someone, or pulling someone over) had me confused, even with reading the manual. The graphics, while good at the time, make it laughable by today's standards when they try to show a closeup of someone's face (my favorite was the paramedics with Marie).

The Bottom Line

This is my favorite PQ game, it combines my favorite part of PQ1 (the regular mundane cop stuff) with all of PQ2's detective stuff, adds great graphics, a great soundtrack, and a great story, and makes a nearly perfect game. Also, this game finally corrects something I've been complaining about since PQ1, you don't get a key to the locker when you lock up your gun, just always thought that was unrealistic. Basically, this is a nearly perfect game.