Primal Rage (DOS)

2.8
Written by  :  Medicine Man (367)
Written on  :  Jan 04, 2009

read more reviews by Medicine Man

Summary

An underrated classic

The Good

The game is very original - although it IS based of Mortal Kombat, it still has very original ideas in it like using dinosaurs and giant apes as fighters, this made the game really fun, and like in MK, characters have special moves and "Fatalities" to discover. The stages are very unidentical to each other, which makes it a good variety. The graphics weren't the best of its time but due to a lot of colours used the game looked quite good.

The Bad

The beasts don't sound too powerful, the music is also quiet and unpleasant on the stages, and the small humans, which jump near the gods all the time, make such annoying voices and sounds, which makes you wanna blow them the hell away, but instead, you'll even have to defend your own, will, at least you can kill the opponents humans. There isn't a big variety also, 7 fighters, 7 stages, though in actually, again, the game was made so colourful, that it was even quite fun to play it sometimes.

The Bottom Line

I don't exactly know why i mostly liked this game and everybody else didn't, maybe its because I'm a Mortal Kombat fan, and a couple of my friends, MK fans as well, liked the game also, so this might be the reason. Anyway, this game is best playable not for fighting game fans, but for those who are fans of MK and like to see some "WAD"'s made of it.