Relentless: Twinsen's Adventure (DOS)

Teen
Written by  :  zach sims (2)
Written on  :  Oct 09, 2004

read more reviews by zach sims

Summary

Relentless: The Greatest Adventure

The Good

Everything about playing this game is absolutely incredible. It truly is the best game I have ever played. I would recommend it over any other game I have experienced.

The Bad

Getting the game to work, on the other hand, can be a real pain in the rear. Even if your computer has MS-DOS, chances are the game won't work. Installation is enormously confusing. I haven't played this game for a couple of years now, only because... I CAN'T! If I had a way to, any way, I would be playing it every day. Another thing, the sound never worked for me back when I still was able to play it. I didn't have the right sound card or something. The music worked, but all of the sound effects and dialogue were nonexistent.

The Bottom Line

This game overall is, in my opinion, the best game available. In an objective observer's point of view, it would probably be considered one of the greatest. Although I have not played it for all these long years, I cherish it dearly and have become almost sentimentally attached to its memory. I know that it sounds absolutely absurd, but it really was the most gratifying gaming experiences I have ever had. It has amazing graphics in DOS mode (which is the only mode it plays in on PC). Really, the graphics are unreal. The plot and interaction with other characters is wonderful and enchanting. The deep, magical details which are so intricately woven into the game are amazing and very pleasing to experience.