DescriptionBased on the events of the Three Kingdoms era in China (3rd century), and on Luo Guanzhong's famous novel Sanguo Yanyi, the game casts the player in the role of one of the many warlords rivaling for control after the Yellow Turban Rebellion.
This turn-based strategy game introduces hundreds of historical characters of the Three Kingdoms era. The game's main objective is to become the supreme ruler of the remnants of the falling Han Dynasty. To do this the player has to build a mighty empire by conquering provinces and recruiting generals worthy of command. Fight massive battles, triumph over natural disasters and capture enemy strongholds.
- "スーパー三國志" -- Japanese SNES spelling
- "三国志 for WonderSwan" -- Japanese WonderSwan spelling
- "三国志" -- Japanese spelling
- "三国志" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Super Sangokushi" -- Japanese title
- "Sanguozhi" -- Chinese title
- "San Goku Shi" -- Japanese title
- "RTK 1" -- Common abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
- Genre: Grand strategy
- Inspiration: Literature
- KOEI Historical Simulation series
- Romance of the Three Kingdoms series
- Setting: Chinese
- Setting: Chinese Three Kingdoms era
|Thankfully in this series, the first was the worst.||Indra is stressed (19934)|
|The Games Machine (UK)||Dec, 1989||91 out of 100||91|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Oct, 1990||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- Computer Gaming World
- October 1989 (Issue #64) –Strategy Game of the Year