DescriptionRomance of the Three Kingdoms V is the fifth game in the popular turn-based strategy game series, based on the classic medieval Chinese novel "San Guo" ("Three Kingdoms"). The novel, written by Luo Guanzhong, is perhaps the most popular classic book in China and all countries influenced by the Chinese culture (such as Japan). Its events occur in the third century AD, during the Later Han Dynasty. Several army leaders (the most important ones being Liu Bei, Cao Cao, Sun Jian) are trying to unite China under their rule, and each one strives to defeat his opponents.
Romance of the Three Kingdoms V offers many innovations. You won't only participate at wars, but also manage your country, and learn resource management of people and goods. A new "Reputation" parameter directly affects the people's opinion of you as the leader. Multiplayer allows participation of up to eight players (playing the eight main characters).
The game was never translated into English. It was released in Japan for the PC (both DOS and Windows), and for PlayStation. A Chinese translation of the game (DOS version) is available.
There are no promo images for this game
- "三国志5" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "三国志Ｖ" -- Japanese spelling
- "Sanguo Zhi" -- Chinese title ("The Story of the Three Countries")
- "Sangoku Shi" -- Original Japanese title ("The Story of the Three Countries")
- "Samgug Ji" -- Korean title ("The Story of the Three Countries")
- "RTK 5" -- Common abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
- Genre: Grand strategy
- Inspiration: Literature
- KOEI Historical Simulation series
- PlayStation the Best series
- Romance of the Three Kingdoms series
- Setting: Chinese
- Setting: Chinese Three Kingdoms era
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.