DescriptionThe follow-up to Screamer is an arcade-style racing game. Unlike its predecessor, it offers a more rally-oriented gameplay. The twelve selectable high-performance road cars of the previous game have been replaced with four rally cars. The game features an improved graphics engine (SVGA) and various tracks including England, Switzerland, Egypt, Colombia, and others. These tracks may be slippery or contain various obstacles and scenery objects such as birds, helicopters, cows, etc. Split-screen head-to-head competitive two-player mode is available.
- "Screamer 2: Sheer Speed Road Racing" -- Tag-lined title
- "S2" -- Official abbreviation
- "Bleifuss 2" -- German title
- "97赛手" -- Chinese spelling (Simplified)
Part of the Following Group
|Time has taken the biggest edge of the graphics, but the playability is still strongly there.||Zamppa (102)||unrated|
|PC Zone||Aug 13, 2001||9.3 out of 10||93|
|Privat Computer PC||1996||89 out of 100||89|
|PC Games (Germany)||Oct, 1996||89 out of 100||89|
|PC Multimedia & Entertainment||May 27, 1997||85 out of 100||85|
|Power Play||Oct, 1996||84 out of 100||84|
|PC Player (Germany)||Oct, 1996||80|
|GameStar (Germany)||Jul, 1998||78 out of 100||78|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Dec 02, 1996||75 out of 100||75|
|GamePro (US)||Jan, 1997||3.5 out of 5||70|
|GameSpot||Oct 10, 1996||7 out of 10||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)
- Screamer 2 (official game page at Virgin Interactive's website, archived copy from 1998 by the Wayback Machine)
- Screamer 2 (Official Site - Milestone)