Shadow Warrior (DOS)

Mature
Written by  :  Mr. Hapton (11)
Written on  :  Apr 10, 2004
Rating  :  1.75 Stars1.75 Stars1.75 Stars1.75 Stars1.75 Stars

read more reviews by Mr. Hapton

Summary

Do not play this game.

The Good

First, let me say what was good about this game. The graphics were pretty good, better than Duke Nukem 3D's but on a par with Blood. The jokes in in Shadow Warrior were funny, and having the ability to drive various vehicles was also a good innovation, but could not make up for the game's defects.

The Bad

Where do I start? The weapon selection in this game was absolutely horrid. The twin Uzi's were and heat-seeking missle launcher were good weapons, but the rest were bland and unoriginal. Shadow Warrior's item selection was confusing at best; I could never figure out which did what, so I rarely used them. In that area alone the games is inferior to Duke Nukem 3D. The enemies were not very interesting, unlike other games, and were difficult to defeat at times, due to the fact they could damage you quickly. Also another aspect of the game I did not like was the fact that there was to much platform jumping. At several points in the game, this irritated me so much I almost quit.

The Bottom Line

I would have to be paid to play this game. I would recommend staying away from it.