Sid Meier's Civilization (DOS)

Written by  :  William Shawn McDonie (1152)
Written on  :  Jan 31, 2001

read more reviews by William Shawn McDonie

Summary

One of the greatest games. Does anyone not like civ?

The Good

This game was the ulitimate sim game untill Civ II came out. Cool graphics, outstanding music and top notch gameplay made this a winner. This game was so addicting that once during summer break I started playing a new game a hour after I woke up at 10:00 am. I only left the room a few times for very small amounts of time. (just to use the restroom and get a quick bite) Just as I was conqureing the last of my enemies I looked up and noticed that the room was really dark. I looked at the clock and it said 11:00 pm! I had spent the whole day totaly wraped up in this game and I didnt even have a clue of what time it was. I probably would have though it was mid day if you had asked me. When I play civ everything just stops and time just seems to fly away without me knowing it. Now I know that you are probably thinking that I am crazy but the game will suck away your free time like nothing I have ever seen. But the unique thing about that is, you won't mind. :-)

The Bad

Absolutly nothing.

The Bottom Line

If you havent played Civ then you cant call your self a Computer gamer.