Sid Meier's Civilization (DOS)

Written by  :  Trada PIB (3)
Written on  :  Aug 17, 2005

read more reviews by Trada PIB

Summary

If you have read any of the other reviews then you can guess what's in this one :P

The Good

What did I like about this game? Uh, where to start.. I guess the epic, open ended, engaging nature of the game that keeps me up night after night. The diplomacy, warfare, city building etc.. The thought of the fact that the whole of WWII can be compacted into 6 turns and D-Day can be put into a single transport unit moving one square and unloading one rifleman unit. It's stupidly epic.

I also like how each game could be easily written into a dozen volumes of stories. You know that book you've got about the history of the earth? One of those could be written about each game of civilization.

This game is hands-down the best game ever. All praise civilization! It owns every and any real-time strategy game on any console and OS.

The Bad

If this game had auto-settler and a build-wealth option in each city (civ gamers will know what I'm talking about) it would be the ultimate game. And you can quote me on that.

The Bottom Line

This is more of an intoxicating wine then a game.