Sorcerian (DOS)

Written by  :  Clayton Cushman (192)
Written on  :  Jul 16, 2010

read more reviews by Clayton Cushman

Summary

Unique RPG, but can be tedious

The Good

What I like most about this game is that it has a great atmosphere. The music is great and the graphics create an interesting game world to explore. Every scenario has its own feel and it helps to make the game interesting to explore. For it's time, the hi-res EGA make the game look sharp. Also, very few RPGs actually age their characters, and it adds an interesting dimension to the gameplay.

The Bad

The scenarios can quickly become an exercise in frustration by making you trace your steps through several doors and areas that look almost identical. I've never gotten the enchantment system to work right, which is a shame because in the manual there are tons of spells and effects available to the player. I've only been able to get basic fireball spells to work. Some of the dialog does not make a whole lot of sense.

The Bottom Line

A nice side-scrolling action RPG that has a lot of potential, but can become frustrating quickly.