DescriptionThe Soviet Block is a single player, freeware, Tetris clone.
While gameplay is virtually identical to other games of this genre this implementation does have some game configuration features worthy of note:
- The player can start at any level, there are ten in all
- The game speed can be adjusted to cater for processors ranging from 4.77 to 33 MHz
- The 'Next' or 'Look Ahead' feature that shows the next shape is optional.
- There are two sets of shapes, Standard and Extended
- The action keys can be redefined
- The falling pieces can be set to rotate either clockwise or counter clockwise
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
A little wordplay is in effect here: in English, the phrase "the Soviet bloc" was applied to the sum of satellite states (eg. Warsaw Pact signatories) to the USSR which would, eg., support it in votes at the United Nations or inflate the rankings assigned the East German figure skating team. But this game's inspiration, Tetris, originated from a Soviet context, and was undoubtedly the falling-block game that broke the mold, making tetrominoes Soviet Blocks.