DescriptionThis freeware, fan-made sequel to Spear of Destiny comes with all-new sprites, weapons, and exploding barrels.
Want to find out what really happened to Adolf Hitler after the war? Why his body was never recovered? What did the Nazis do after escaping persecution? Who got hold of the so-called powerful mystical Spear of Destiny? This game boasts 23 levels including secret ones.
In 2011 the game was ported to Windows using SDL, allowing it to run natively on modern PCs using a wide range of higher resolution graphics. To mark the game's 10th anniversary, this conversion was accompanied by an all-new map-set for extra challenge, though the original 2001 maps can still be used.
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: Wolf3D
- Castle Wolfenstein fangames
- Castle Wolfenstein series
- Historical conflict: World War II
- Middleware: SDL
- Spear of Destiny series
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|GameHippo.com||Apr 02, 2003||7 out of 10||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
EngineThough it appears to include a plethora of bonus interface ornaments and functionality that the original Spear of Destiny games lacked (such as exploding barrels and outdoor weather effects), it would be a mistake to assume that this game was based on the more advanced DOOM engine. All of these extra effects were in fact achieved by directly wrestling with the original Spear of Destiny source code, released by iD in 1999.
- The Wolfenstein 3D Dome
- November 2011 - Monthly award (Windows version)
Related Web Sites
- AReyeP (The Website of Spear Resurrection)
- Spear Resurrection homepage (From the game download to hints to a Hall of Fame -- the developers host everything that's anything to do with this total conversion here.)