Star Control II (DOS)

Written by  :  Steelysama (106)
Written on  :  Nov 30, 1999

read more reviews by Steelysama

Summary

An incredible adventure such as is rarely seen. It inspires and satisfies. I have never played it's like, nor do I believe I ever shall again.

The Good

I loved nearly everything about Star Control 2. The alien races are done wonderfully, each full of a depth of character that is delightful. One gets to know each race and even feels a certain understanding of them and their personality. A very unique experience in a computer game. The humor is ever present but always tempered so that it never takes from the serious parts. The music is perfectly done, always appropriate for each race or situation, and good enough to be listened to for its own sake. The graphics are good enough for even today's market. All through-out, this game shines with a blinding light of quality that no one could ignore.

The Bad

Nothing. Except that there isn't a worthy continuation.

The Bottom Line

A quest through a vast and intricate galaxy, in which you interact with unique alien races, combat alien ships, search for valuable minerals and artifacts, save the galaxy from cleansing, and basically have the time of your life.