You play a Rebel space cadet and have various missions to complete: Flying starships, destroying Walkers, infiltrating an enemy base etc. All viewpoints and gameplay is through the use of motion video backdrops.
- "מלחמת הכוכבים: מתקפת המורדים" -- Hebrew spelling
Part of the Following Groups
The Press Says
There are currently no topics for this game.
One nice touch about the video background is that it is larger than the screen. This allowed the developers to shift it
up/down/left/right according to player movement, and it helps mask the fact that it's on rails. Another nice trick is a
very quick interpolation and rotation section of the video playback code, which allows them to rotate the backdrop +/-
15 degrees if you bank left or right.
Information also contributed by
Big John WV
- GameStar (Germany)
- Issue 12/1999 - #16 in the "100 Most Important PC Games of the Nineties" ranking
- Issue 01/2007 - One of the "Ten Most Influential PC-Games" (It is almost solely responsible for the fast establishing of CD-ROM drives for PC games. This allowed other developers to free themselves from space restrictions and experiment with new ideas, e.g. FMV sequences.)
- Issue #4 - #5 on the "Top 25 Worst Video Games of All-Time" list
- Power Play
- Issue 02/1994 – Best CD-ROM Game in 1993
(4388) added Star Wars: Rebel Assault
(DOS) on Sep 15, 1999