DescriptionFollowing his successes for the Rebel Alliance in the previous game, the adventures of the starfighter pilot "Rookie One" continue. While out scouting in the Dreighton Nebula, Rookie One's patrols receive a distress call from a freighter. As this is an area where ships are known to disappear, any deviation from the flight path is dangerous. But what they find is an Imperial presence where there shouldn't be one... and a new secret project to bring about the destruction of the Rebel Alliance.
Rebel Assault II is a rail-shooter "interactive movie" featuring a variety of action sequences. Rookie One will fly sequences in an X-Wing, the Millennium Falcon, speeder bikes and being on foot. His only real ability is the precise targeting and shooting of laser weapon and occasionally the chance to take cover and avoid obstacles. Rookie One will team up with other characters who will aid him and need to be defended in turn. Occasionally different paths can be chosen in the animation and different events triggered, but for the most part the game is a closed environment.
- "絕地大反攻2" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "Star Wars: Rebel Assault II: El Imperio Oculto" -- Spanish title
Part of the Following Groups
- Genre: Rail shooter
- PlayStation Platinum Range releases
- Star Wars licensees
- Star Wars: Rebel Assault series
- Visual technique / style: Live-action cutscenes
|Joystick (French)||Jan, 1996||87 out of 100||87|
|PC Joker||Dec, 1995||86 out of 100||86|
|PC Games (Germany)||Dec, 1995||83 out of 100||83|
|PC Player (Germany)||Dec, 1995||82 out of 100||82|
|Adrenaline Vault, The (AVault)||1995||80|
|High Score||Feb, 1996||4 out of 5||80|
|GameSpot||May 01, 1996||7.5 out of 10||75|
|Power Play||Jan, 1996||73 out of 100||73|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Jan, 1996||72 out of 100||72|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Feb, 1996||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaThe Stormtrooper armors, weapons, helmets and suits (and possibly Vader's costume), worn by the actors, were not made for the game, but are the actual props seen in the original movies, taken from the archive storage of Lucasfilm.
The rest is CGI
Related Web Sites
- Brad Pack's Ultimate Rebel Assault 2 Home Page (This home page will help you beat Rebel Assault 2: The Hidden Empire at ANY level with or without cheating, and will help you discover many secrets you may not have known were in the game. Rebel Assault 2 has probably more easter eggs (programmer secrets), special modes, and spoilers than any other computer game.
-- Brad Pack's own description of his site. )
- Lucas Arts: The Hidden Empire (Official site.)