Star Wars: Rebel Assault (DOS)

3.5
Written by  :  Quackbal (47)
Written on  :  Jan 22, 2005
Rating  :  3.75 Stars3.75 Stars3.75 Stars3.75 Stars3.75 Stars

read more reviews by Quackbal

Summary

Good old video-action games, can't beat 'em can you...

The Good

... Or can you? Unfortunately I was not too keen on this game. What I DID like was the fact that the graphics were great for 1993, and that it stuck with the Star Wars soundtrack and general theme. The videos included were very impressive technology at the time.

The Bad

It's too linear, basically. Problem with these games is that whatever you do, you end up doing the same thing if you succeed. You cannot define much, only the general position of the craft. The sound is a pain to get working, and the joystick is a pain to control - Put short, it's a pain!

I also did not like the fact that it did not store your personal settings, and had to stream from the CD so often.

The Bottom Line

If you see it for a very cheap price, I suppose you could give this a go, but Rebel Assault II is a bit more interactive, and is done with real actors, etc. I personally was not impressed, and it took me 10 years or so for me to get past the first level (from 1993-2003), so good luck to you.