Starflight 2: Trade Routes of the Cloud Nebula (DOS)

Written by  :  AstroNerdBoy (40)
Written on  :  Nov 07, 2001
read more reviews by AstroNerdBoy

Summary

A Great Sequel

The Good

This game took the premise of Starflight and added to it. I liked the fact that your ship could become more powerful, especially after you acquire technology from the past! The new alien species were nice and an explanation of the "terminally-grumpy" race (who's name eludes me at present) from Starflight was very interesting. As before, the story for Starflight II was engrossing and that made gameplay all that much better. The graphics (for its time) were awesome but since I didn't have a sound card, I don't know how the sound was.

Another welcome addition were populated planets. Now you could hook up with aliens on planet surfaces to learn information as well as to establish much needed trade routes.

The Bad

I really don't recall anything I didn't like about the game. I'm sure if I still had a 5 1/4" drive, I'd play again.

The Bottom Line

Bottom line: EA and Binary Systems took an excellent game and improved it. Now if we could only get a Starflight III...*grin*