Starflight 2: Trade Routes of the Cloud Nebula (DOS)

Written by  :  ex_navynuke! (48)
Written on  :  Apr 13, 2005
Rating  :  4.75 Stars4.75 Stars4.75 Stars4.75 Stars4.75 Stars

read more reviews by ex_navynuke!

Summary

An excellent sequel to a ground-breaking game

The Good

An awesome game. Trading with the various races was a lot of fun! You couldn't help having a sense of irony about the two very religious races of the Tandelou. If they learned that you had traded with the other group, they wouldn't even talk to you, let alone trade with you! I wonder where they got that idea from? :)

One race (can't recall the name right at the moment), I never did get to talk to me...

So, eventually in this game, if you don't get killed first... you get to time-travel! when you first start out, most of the starmap is covered by the cloud nebula. After you time-travel, you go back in time before the cloud nebula formed, and can see where the stars are at. Very nice touch!

The Bad

Unlike the first game, I wasn't able to put the clues together, solve the puzzles and finish the game. Got lost after going back in time.

The Bottom Line

A fun and refreshing twist on the original. Again, very open game-play, where you can move as slow or fast as you please, and in any direction you want to go.