DescriptionWhile Steel Panthers covered armored warfare from 1939-1945, Steel Panthers 2: Modern Battles focuses on conflicts from 1950-2000. It is a turn-based strategy game, set on a map divided into hexagons. The basic game engine (graphics, user interface etc.) is nearly the same as in part one, with minor improvements. One important difference is the scale of the game: a bigger map, more units, which have more statistic values etc.
Included are six campaigns and a bunch of scenarios. An additional campaign generator is also included. The preset campaigns are:
- Germany 1980 (a fictional WW3: stop Soviet advance through Fulda Gap)
- Desert Storm 1991
- China-War 1997 (fictional: defend Taiwan against the invading (communist) Chinese Army)
- Okinawa 1998 (fictional: a new US-Japanese war)
- Golan Heights 1973
- Korea 1950
- "Steel Panthers II: Moderne Schlachten" -- German title
- "Steel Panthers II: Batailles Modernes" -- French title
Part of the Following Groups
- Game feature: Hexagonal map
- Historical conflict: Arab-Israeli conflict
- Historical conflict: Korean War
- Historical Conflict: Persian Gulf War
- Steel Panthers series
There are no reviews for this game.
|Coming Soon Magazine||Dec, 1996||91 out of 100||91|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Feb, 1997||90|
|GameSpot||Dec 10, 1996||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Privat Computer PC||1996||85 out of 100||85|
|Reset||May, 1997||8 out of 10||80|
|High Score||Jan, 1997||4 out of 5||80|
|Power Play||Dec, 1996||78 out of 100||78|
|PC Games (Germany)||Feb, 1997||61 out of 100||61|
|PC Player (Germany)||Jan, 1997||60|
|PC Joker||Feb, 1997||60 out of 100||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaA patch to version 1.1 exists (sometimes referred to as v1.01) fixing many bugs. With this patch installed, an additional campaign, called Bulge 1999, can be played (the campaign is not part of the patch, it must be downloaded seperately).
Related Web Sites
- The Wargamer (Besides other sections, this website features a big 'Steel Panthers' archive (for all parts of the series).)