Stellar 7 (DOS)

Also For
Written by  :  James Walter (242)
Written on  :  Jan 18, 2002

read more reviews by James Walter

Summary

The first PC game I ever played...and it was great!

The Good

Back when I first played this game I was a fan of games in which you had to work your way through different levels to win the game and this game was one of those games. It had seven levels each named after a star that actually exists in our own galaxy (except Sol). I also liked the variety of enemies that you had to fight against. From what I can remember there were both ground units and air units with names like the sandsledge, the seeker, the hovercraft, the assault tank and the peculiar "warplinks" (what a name) that would transport you to the next level when you hit them. There was also a briefing which gave details about each of the enemies which contained an image of the enemy along with a voice over reading out the details.

The Bad

The music in the game was incredibly repetitive. Listen to the music on the first level and you will see what I mean.

The Bottom Line

All in all Stellar 7 was an outstanding action game. There were numerous enemies each with their own strength and abilities (the hovercraft could only operate on planets with an atmosphere) and a briefing which contained information about each of the enemies.