Strike Commander (CD-ROM Edition) Ad Blurbs (DOS)
Advertising BlurbsOrigin's website:
In Strike Commander, you command Stern’s Wildcats, an elite squadron of mercenary pilots trying to fly straight in a world of deceit and violence. You’ll engage rival squadrons, renegade third-world dictators, and the armies of the dreaded IRS.
CD-ROM Classics brings you all the action and excitement of the original Strike Commander and Strike Commander: Tactical Operations.
- Lowest price ever!
- A powerful 3-D system featuring a flexible computer environment utilizing real-time, bitmapped images, gouraud-shaded texture-mapped polygonal objects, fractal terrain and atmospheric hazing.
- Includes Strike Commander: Tactical Operations for additional missions and storyline.
- Cinematically-structured scenes in which you play a part. Virtual reality cockpit interface, making Strike Commander one of the most easily learned flight simulators.
- Additional speech, music and sound effects, including MPU-401 interface General MIDI support.
- Printed install guide with all the original docs available on disk, for on-screen viewing or printing. Complete with Adobe Acrobat text reading/printing software.
- Computers: MS-DOS 486 or 100% compatible system
- Sound Devices for Music: Roland, Sound Blaster, Ad Lib, MPU-401 interface General MIDI or 100% compatible
- Sound Devices for Speech/Sound Effects: Sound Blaster or 100% compatible
- Graphics Supported: 256-color VGA
- RAM and HD Storage Requirements: 4 megs RAM; 8 megs hard drive space
- Playing Time: 50+ hours
Contributed by jean-louis (29517) on Jul 20, 2015.
Like all CD-ROM Classics, Strike Commander includes a complete printed installation guide, with all the original documentation on disk, complete with a text reader that allows you to view the documents on-screen or print them out for your own use.
In 2011, you command Stern's Wildcats, and elite squadron of mercenaries trying to fly straight in a world of deceit and violence. Pilot F-16s and an F-22 as you engage rival squadrons, third-world dictators and the armies of the dreaded IRS. This CD-enhanced version includes:
Over 60 missions, including the expansion module Tactical Operations.
Improved frame rate (up to twice as fast as the original floppy version), reduced disk-access time for loading missions, uninterrupted flight during missions, smarter enemy intelligence (AI) and less base memory required.
Installation that takes less than 12 megs (as little as 1.5 megs!) of hard drive space.
Complete digitized speech and sound effects, plus General MIDI (MPU-401 interface) music support. Every line of dialogue is spoken, both in the air and between missions on the ground.
All-new flight options - Rudder Pedal support, Realistic Dynamics mode, and Invisible Cockpit and No-Haze options.
Gauntlet mode - wave after wave of enemies, with final score telling you how well you did.
Contributed by Zovni (9302) on Feb 02, 2002.