DescriptionUltima I is a remake of the classic RPG Ultima from 1981. You must travel to another world and save the land Sosaria from the evil wizard Mondain. The game features tile based top-down overworld graphics and first person perspective pseudo-3D dungeons.
The original Ultima was re-programmed using assembly language, with updated graphics, minor changes in towns' and people's names, and some different puzzles.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Ultima I: The Beginning..." -- floppy disk title
Part of the Following Groups
- Enhanced remakes
- Fantasy Creatures: Dwarves
- Fantasy Creatures: Elves
- Fantasy Creatures: Orcs
- Gameplay feature: Hunger / Thirst
- Games made into books
- Physical Bonus Content: World Map
- Ultima series
- Ultima universe
|Retrogaming.it||May 29, 2008||9 out of 10||90|
|GamesVault||Jul 10, 2009||8 out of 10||80|
|Joker Verlag präsentiert: Sonderheft||1992||44 out of 100||44|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Apple IIgs Version.||4||Edwin Drost (1525)
Feb 11, 2017
|Sharp X1||2||Freeman (44003)
Jan 30, 2017
|Regaining your Health.||3||Edwin Drost (1525)
Jan 26, 2017
Jan 28, 2013
1001 Video GamesUltima I appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
ExtrasOrigin, like they did with many of the Ultima games, included a "trinket" in the box. In this case the trinket consisted of a small cloth bag with five metal coins.
Related Web Sites
- Ultima 1: The First Age of Darkness Shrine (This RPG shrine has complete information on Ultima 1; information based on 1986 DOS release, but should also be useful for Apple release.)