How much time do you spend in each single session when you play games?

Ultima VI: The False Prophet (DOS)

Written by  :  Aaron Jones (16)
Written on  :  Dec 18, 2003
Rating  :  4.25 Stars4.25 Stars4.25 Stars4.25 Stars4.25 Stars

read more reviews by Aaron Jones

Summary

My first Ultima gaming experience, and I loved it!

The Good

First off, let me just say that any game where you can kill the annoying Jester and take his body into your inventory and dump him somewhere in the wilderness, is a cool game. Secondly, I loved the plot. It took me a while to get into it, because I was not only physically young when I first started playing this game, but I also was new to the concept of an RPG. After a while though, when I actually left Britannia and tried to do a bit of adventuring, I was engrossed into this game. The graphics were really good for the times, and so was the music. I still to this day find myself humming the tunes at times. I regret to say I haven't played much of this game for about 4 or 5 years, but I will always remember this game as being the one that got me hooked on RPGs. Oh, and by the way, I was sold when I found a gypsy camp, made whoopee with a gypsy woman there, and her concluding by saying "'Twas business doing pleasure with you." What a classic line!

The Bad

The combat and controls were a little tricky to master, but once I did, I found myself missing them in other games. Sometimes it was easy to wander and not accomplish anything, or step into a moongate and instantly be surrounded by daemons or worse. In any case, I can't say much badly about this title. I loved the game, and even now, I still remember it and love it.

The Bottom Line

If you can find it in a store, and you're into reliving gaming nostalgia, buy it. That's all I can say...buy it.