1 out of 1 people found this review helpfulwrite a review of this game
read more reviews by Roedie
read more reviews for this game
SummaryIf I could only keep my cool..
The GoodGameplay! Volfied is a good adaption of great concept. Although this trick has been done before (for example Qix, Xonix), it is a trick I still enjoy. This game is like Tetris; hard to explain, easy to understand & play and very addictive.
- It's easy to control this game (you only use your keypad and the space bar).
- There are some cool power ups like laser, time-stop and speed.
- It looks good, especially some of those futuristic backgrounds.
- The design of some of the levels is very nice, I like the way you need to manoeuvre in order to reach the power ups. Level six is my favorite.
- Runs without problems on modern machines (no need for MoSlo).
The BadI'm convinced that this is an easy game, I mean your enemies can't destroy you when you're on the yellow border line. So with patience, caution and some rational thinking it SHOULD be easy to complete this game. In reality, I die a LOT! Then of course I must try again and I must try harder. This usually results in me being too hasty and consequently even more dying. It's so frustrating! (BTW this review is written by a guy who once, after playing a game of Lemmings, hit an old EGA monitor so hard it broke). I wish there were some level passwords!
Volfied' s story line is as bad as any of those Japanese shoot 'em ups (even though it's not a shoot 'em up), it's got your standard alien invasion, some hostile mutated marine life and of course a huge mother brain.