GOG Witcher Promo: 30% off The Witcher 3 and up to 85% off the Witcher Franchise!

Wacky Wheels (DOS)

Written by  :  zeta thompson (45)
Written on  :  Jun 30, 2002
read more reviews by zeta thompson

Summary

It's for kids, and my kid loved it.

The Good

Okay, I personally thought it was boring & repetitious, but my at the time 3 year old thought it was great and I had to fight her for the computer. It taught her how to use key combo and the characters were cute enough for her. She also seemed to enjoy crashing into things to watch the windshield crack up. She continued to play the game until she was about 7. Then it was boring for her.

The Bad

The more advanced levels were difficult for a younger child to control the acceleration and the steering. Once she hit around or 6 it was fine, but the game quickly palled for her after a while. Also the duck shoot of cute ducks on wheels upset her a little when she was 3 and 4 as did "running over" hedgehogs. She kept apologizing for interupting them when they were playing or working.

The Bottom Line

It is a racer. you control and animal and a race car. You have to control your speed and your vehicle around various tracks with various obstacles. The driver picks up hedgehogs for score and to use against other drivers. The drivers also pick up oil and bombs to put in other cars' paths. of course if they are missed, there is a chance you'll hit your own trap on your next lap. Players receive trophies for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place. Definitely for younger players.