Wasteland (DOS)

Written by  :  thejayman (16)
Written on  :  Feb 22, 2002
Rating  :  4.75 Stars4.75 Stars4.75 Stars4.75 Stars4.75 Stars

read more reviews by thejayman

Summary

As if we need another review of this fantastic game...

The Good

I don't even know where to begin here! This game is probably the most original RPG ever. It is nearly infinitely replayable because the world is so huge. Granted the objective is the same each time you play, but how you achieve the objective is what is so special about this game. And it's greatest strength lies in the story being told. Okay, scratch that, it's greatest strength is in it's character development. No, wait, it's the scope.... You get my point I hope. Wasteland has so much to offer, it is simply one of the most complete games ever. You'll just have to experience it firsthand. You won't be sorry!

The Bad

Hmm. I can't think of anything. Well, okay, here is one thing. In the beginning of the game (especially in the tunnels by the farmer) it is not only possible, but likely, to get stuck in an infinite loop where you get "bowled into" by a vicious mutant groundhog or something and knocked unconscious. Then you recover and are immediately attacked again and knocked out, then recover, then get knocked out, etc. You can't stay conscious long enough to reload or escape or anything! Other than that, though, boy this game is a real winner!

The Bottom Line

Play it, play it, play it. And when you're done, play it again. You still won't find everything there is to find (unless you go online and get some help!)